Friday, December 25, 2015

Last Post of 2015 (Christmas, 3rd Trimester Update, and Name Reveal!)

Merry Christmas, everyone!

We didn't do anything big this year because of #2, but we did do some things for Emily to make Christmas fun for her. I took today off as cook so I didn't make anything fancy to eat. Instead we concentrated on making sure Emily enjoyed opening her presents and playing with her new toys. And as she naps from the excitement this morning, I'm taking this time to give you guys an update on things since things will start to get really hectic once 2016 (!) arrives.

Emily's present area


We got Emily a kitchen set from IKEA and then my in-laws got her all the accessories that went with it. We wrapped those along with the other gifts she received. Those gifts went in front of the felt Christmas tree I made for Emily so she could decorate her own. Our real tree is outside because we really didn't have to room to keep it in the house. Her reaction when she came downstairs this morning was adorable. "Whoa~~" Haha!

Yay, presents!

As for my pregnancy, I'm glad it's coming to an end. Being pregnant with a toddler is really tiring. I feel so awkward and since my Braxton-Hicks contractions kicked in, I have to move just so or it will trigger one. It doesn't hurt but, man, is it uncomfortable. Feeling your abdomen tighten while picking Emily up is not a great feeling. Also, I definitely preferred being super pregnant over the summer compared to the winter. I think this opinion would be different if I stayed in Florida, but being in Colorado, being pregnant during the summer was better.

Unfortunately, as much as I want #2 to arrive early to get it over with, I really need her to arrive on time or until my parents arrive so that everything will go more smoothly. For the most part we are prepared with the only things to do is installing the car seat (long story) and packing my hospital bag. I've also been refreshing myself by reading all the materials I saved from the last time. Just reading that info has been calming since it helps me get my head into and be prepared. Being mentally prepared helps so much.

36 weeks!

And for the moment you have all been waiting for (if you made it this far down), we finally have a name for #2! It definitely took longer this time around than with Emily, but we agreed on a name and we're pretty happy with it.

Ana Elicia Lyons

So now, we can finally call her Ana and not #2.

I will probably will not have time between now and the arrival of #2, Ana so I wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment