Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Baked Buffalo Chicken

Hooray for slightly better versions of food that I love! Buffalo wings are delicious but they can be way too buttery and over-fried. I found this recipe that bakes the chicken with light breading, buffalo sauce and ranch. This dish also fulfills the spiciness kick that I want because I don't really want to eat my normal spicy foods although it's been getting better (yay!).

Here's the link to the original recipe, Buffalo Baked Chicken. I have made some adjustments though because I wanted more of a kick and I didn't want to use blue cheese either.

So here it is, my version!




Servings: 10 pieces
5 chicken breasts
1 cup ranch dressing
1 cup buffalo sauce
Bowl of Panko bread crumbs
Choice of shredded cheese

There are 2 ways to prepared the chicken. If you want to bake it right away, then mix everything in a bowl. But I think marinading the chicken is better so I mix everything in a Ziploc bag and leave it overnight.

2. Cut chicken breasts in half to make 10 pieces
3. Mix ranch dressing and buffalo sauce and pour it in a Ziploc bag with the chicken. Let it marinade overnight.
4. Once you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees
5. Pour a bowl of Panko bread crumbs
6. Take the chicken and dip it in the crumbs thoroughly and place on a Pam sprayed pan
7. Bake for 35 minutes
8. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the pieces and bake for an additional 10 minutes

Marinaded and ready for breading

It already looks yummy

A nice layer of cheese

Just add your favorite sides and you have a really nice meal. Especially if you make 10 pieces because that will get you through the work week. Just add a salad and it makes a great lunch. Since I work from home, I decided to be fancier and added veggies and fries to my meal.

My lunch for the week

It's such a simple and tasty recipe, this is one of the better meals to make if you meal plan like I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment