Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pancake Weekend

Yay life! But as long as I'm doing something interesting, forgetting to blog is okay. 

So, how this happened....


Pancake Cake



A little while ago, David shared a link with me where people were making pancakes in a rice cooker. And I thought, "This is amazing." I love pancakes but making them can be time consuming, even when you use a mix. A griddle helps but you can only make so many at a time. By making it in the rice cooker you can make a whole lot; it just looks unconventional.

I also found a recipe for baby pancakes for Emily and I wanted to try them out as well.

So one weekend I decided to try and make these. It was a success. Both were tasty and incredibly easy to make.

With the pancake cake, I used Log Cabin pancake mix because it the most wholesome ingredients. I mixed everything in our rice cooker and set it to cook. After 10 minutes, it clicked done. I looked in and saw that it didn't look quite done, so I clicked it again. The pancake cake still came out fluffy and moist and this still took less time than making the 10+ pancakes I would have had to make on a griddle. Also, I don't have to stand in front of a stove, I was able to do other things. Once it's done, just place it on a plate, cut and serve. This first time I made it as is and only used maple syrup. Next time I am definitely going to try and make it with fruit or chocolate chips.


Finished pancake cake

With Emily's pancakes, I used a recipe from a blog called Cooking with Serena. The baby pancakes were made from scratch, but it's not like they eat a lot. They came out pretty fluffy and sweet. Emily liked them. And we all had tasty pancakes that weekend.


Emily's pancakes

This is definitely going to be a repeat.






No comments:

Post a Comment