Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Big Announcement... It's a... an Alien Bean!!

I have finally announced to my friends that I am pregnant. And I thought this would be a perfect time to talk about my other life from these last few months.

And let me just say how crazy we are before I go into detail about my time so far.

We got married in October 2012 and at this point we agreed that we would try to have children starting 2013 or after David got a job and we moved. Well, David had a couple interviews since the wedding and we knew for a fact we would probably be moving by the end of 2012. So we decided, what the hell, we'll start trying now. That was December. David got the job and we were scurrying around getting our ducks in a row to move and squeeze in a trip to my parents for Christmas. We moved here at the beginning of January 2013 and one week later I found out I was pregnant. One month later I got confirmation at the doctor's office. This was all in 4 MONTHS. We may be a little crazy.


Like I said, a little crazy

So, back to me being pregnant. I am in my 12th week and, no, I am not really showing. I have packed on some pudge, but my pants still fit even at the waist, except when I sit. There is pressure on my abdomen when I sit. Very annoying.

Actually, there are a lot of annoying things. I've been doing a lot of reading. And everyone says the first trimester is always the worst. That's when the morning sickness, constant hunger, constant bathroom breaks, painful breasts, mood swings and fatigue all happen at once. Thankfully, my morning sickness hasn't been so awful where I've been vomiting. But I have been having constant nausea. I eat all the time but at the same time I don't want to because of said nausea. And my bedtime is at 9:30, but I'm actually tired by 6.

Now I understand that my symptoms aren't horrendous, BUT it's been messing with my normal routine and that's what's really bothering me. I can't workout because I'm either between I just ate or I'm really nauseous. And then when I do eat, I have to do it carefully because sometime I can't tell if I really am hungry, full, or nauseous. I'm usually fine in the mornings, but when 2 o'clock rolls around nausea hits me for the rest of the day.

And how on earth am I maintaining my health if I'm not working out? I've been really conscious about what I eat. I definitely have been eating more, but I've been eating a lot more frequently and smaller portions, which is what experts recommend. I've also been eating a lot of wholesome food like fruit with plain yogurt, lean meats, veggies, cheeses and the like. The one thing that came back into my diet, and I'm not too thrilled about, is gluten. Before it used to be that something super gluten-y was a weekend thing and I really wouldn't eat it on the weekdays. Not any more. If I had a craving, it was to have gluten carby stuff. I needed bread (or pasta) back in my diet and the only thing I can think of is that my body needed quick energy which is what carby grains provide. I haven't gone overboard but it is a daily intake. Oh, and I really don't want to eat anything kimchi (which saddens me) and super garlicky foods (which also makes me sad).


Yay wholesome food!

Active-wise, I wish I could be better. But the food/nausea thing really screws me up. Luckily, I've doing some sort of walking (mostly hiking) on the weekend and I do some small exercise sets while I work. And I got a yoga ball to sit on for part of the day (this also helps with my digestion). Thank God or I would go crazy.

Here's hoping to a better second trimester.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Kaichou, I am so happy for you guys! This is so very exciting. I will pray for you to have a safe and healthy pregnancy (maybe also that the nausea will pass soon). Huggles, keep me posted! Love ya - Leisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leisha! <3 I need all the prayers I can get. Everything seems to be normal, but things can happen. And don't worry, I'll be posting regularly. =D

      Delete
  2. Um, we need you to move back now. Kthx....no but seriously, we are sooo happy for you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! At least I will see you guys in April. And maybe I'll have a little bump by then. Thanks! Also, it's an excuse for you guys to come here!

      Delete
  3. YAY!!!!! Congrats to both of you!! I am very excited for you guys <3 <3 I am hoping the no-fun stuff passes quickly. Can't wait to meet the new addition :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn. Crossing my fingers that it will be a couple more weeks!

      Delete