Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Meal Planning (A Link Up)

This is my first link up! A friend of mine Nichole and a friend of hers wanted to do a link up for those who meal plan for the week. And I thought it would be a great link up to participate it!




I am a HUGE meal planner. David and I have been planning our meals for years now and it has been a great decision. Normally, I make enough to get us through the work week and if we have more that has us eating some meals on the weekend, it's a bonus. I'm really paranoid about having food sitting in the fridge for a long time and having it go bad. And there will be times during the week that we don't eat our meals because something comes up so it all works out.

I know when most people meal plan, they make separate meals for each day and prep them ahead of time. We go a step further and make two meals and eat that all week for lunch and dinner. It does seem boring to some to eat the same thing for 5 days, but we don't mind. To me, this has several perks: I don't have to wrack my brain to make something new for each day, your grocery bill is cheaper, and going out on the weekend is an especially nice treat.

So our meals for this week:

For breakfast we actually eat different things. So for myself I make a breakfast sandwich. I have an english muffin sandwich with a veggie pattie and cheese, and have fruit on the side. It's a great full breakfast that keeps me going for a little bit.

For lunch I made chicken bulgogi, which is a Korean spicy stir-fried chicken dish. And per Korean meal tradition I bought a lot of veggie side dishes to go with it. I would make it but the store sells them ready-made and some of these side dishes are a pain to make. If you have a bento box, packing a lunch like this is not as intimidating.


Recipe can be found at kimchibulgogi.com


Then for dinner I made turkey burgers. I love burgers but having too much beef is not kind to my tummy so making turkey burgers is the next best thing.


Turkey burger recipe

The great thing I did with this is I premade the patties and separated them with clingwrap and froze them. That way I am able to make two fresh made burgers every night. This week, we are having sweet potato fries with our burgers.

So there is our menu for the week!

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! You have always been so great at meal prepping, Susan. I think I may add turkey burgers into next week's rotation :) glad you linked up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! And it was interesting to see how other do it as well! Do the turkey burgers! They are very tasty!

      Delete
  2. I do my turkey burgers like that too, and freeze them with parchment paper between them.

    I also usually make two meals that we eat for dinner all week. I make my lunches separately and normally eat the same thing for at least three out of five days.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! I figure the less stuff you have to make the less stuff you have to buy and buying in bulk usually saves you a little more money too.

      Delete