Sunday, April 5, 2015

Update in Life

Happy Easter friends!



We're not a religious family, but I love the spiritual connection Easter brings. And like many others, I love having brunch for Easter. We didn't do anything big, but I did ask and friend and her family to join us for brunch. They have a baby boy who is a few months younger than Emily so we got together and had them play while the grownups talked over some good food. It was a fun time and the babies were hilarious together. Unfortunately, I forgot to take photos of the food but it was delicious. I made baked french toast and served it with various fruits and turkey sausage and my friend brought an egg casserole. Everything was delicious and both babies enjoyed the meal as well, which is always a plus.

This was the first time I made baked french toast and I'm relieved that it came out great. There are some things I would tweak the next time I make it though. So I'll share my version when I make it next time. It doesn't take very long to prepare so I can see this being a regular breakfast dish.

In other life news, Emily is growing like a weed and I decided to buy her clothes in 2T. 2T!! Where did my little baby go?


Her molars also made their appearance and the bottoms ones are out. These have taken FOREVER to push through. They were not kidding when they said molars take a long time to come in. She had a few middle of the night wakings where I think it was linked to her teething. She's normally very good sleeping through the night, so it must have really bothered her for her to wake up. Our next venture.... potty training! (Not yet.)

Also, David got a new job! It's not like he hated his current job but the offer came to him and he is really excited about it. It's a great opportunity for him and is more of what he wants to do. And although the dynamics of the household will probably change, I don't think it'll change drastically and we will adapt just fine. We'll see how it goes.

Congrats to my hard-working husband!

2 comments: