Thursday, August 13, 2015

#2

The #2 refers to the fact that I am pregnant again! I actually announced it a couple months ago because I wanted to announce it on my birthday. A few have also gone by since I passed the first trimester, but I wanted to talk about it to update everyone. (Since I know you're all so curious.)

18 weeks


Thankfully, my symptoms were not very different from when I was pregnant with Emily. Unfortunately, those symptoms were a tad worse this time around. My stomach was a little more sensitive, I was a lot more sensitive to smells, and I got hungry a little more frequently. One nice thing was I am not as tired as I was the first time around. With Emily, all I wanted to do was sleep in the first trimester and I just wanted to rest for the rest of the pregnancy. But I basically ended up resting a lot because the nausea took the place of the fatigue.

I say resting, but I really mean laying down on the floor while Emily climbed all over me. I thought it was a good compromise. I was still playing with her so she was happy and I got to do it with little effort. I just made sure she didn't knee me in the abdomen or anything like that. And it was just hard keeping up with her while she played, especially while we were out.

Eating was also a chore because Emily would want to eat whatever I was eating. Well, I'm constantly eating and if I gave her a bit of everything I was eating, she would get fat along with me. I ended up eating the food in bites in the kitchen while she was in the playroom, that way she didn't see what I was eating. 

However, I am now in my second trimester and the symptoms have passed. Yay! I have been able to manage my appetite better now especially since the nausea passed. And playing with her got easier as well, even with the growing bump. Just like last time, I can now enjoy being pregnant. The first trimester is just not fun. And we'll find out the sex of #2 in a week!

3 comments:

  1. Old joke from an old movie: "Is it a boy or a girl?" Answer: "Uh huh!!! Can't wait to hear. Glad you are feeling better. 😆

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you see question marks, they are supposed to be happy faces! Stupid tablet.

    ReplyDelete