Thursday, October 22, 2015

It's a HUGE Update!

Things are staying busy here at the Lyons' house. And as autumn has finally arrived (although I will miss summer), I figure I would do a summary of what has happened this past season since my last update in July.




The most important being that I'm in my third trimester! Whoo! I've been feeling pretty good which is great but I haven't been able to take advantage of it much because I had to work so much. I was so tired my first pregnancy, I never had energy to work out. This pregnancy, my energy has been a lot better but even if I did want to work out, I couldn't. Sigh. I did do a couple of prenatal barre classes in the last few weeks and that's been good. Hopefully, I can squeeze a couple more in before #2 arrives.

We have pretty much completed the major work we wanted to do on the outside of the house. Our house is painted, we have a new garage door and the landscaping is done. Since we get actual winter here (not like Florida), the integrity of the house was important to us. Especially since the previous owners didn't do much and there were actual pieces of wood rotting. So, now we can take a small break over the winter and prepare for work to be done in the inside of the house.


Old paint

 Didn't get a chance to get a pic with the new garage door

New paint

Seriously, the house just looks happier from the new paint.

We did a birthday party for Emily and invited a few families for dinner and to hang out. We didn't have a grill so I baked up some turkey ziti and had salad on the side. It seemed to go well with everyone. It really is a delicious recipe and the turkey is a great way to get some protein in a pasta dish. Then I got a pumpkin spice cake at our favorite bakery. All in all, it was a success.


We celebrated our 3rd anniversary a couple of weeks ago. And it was also a good time. We splurged on a babysitter and went out for lunch at a Korean restaurant we like and watched The Martian.

Sidebar: I really liked The Martian. All the actors were fantastic and even though the second half was different from the book, it worked for the movie. The feel of the book was still there.

Also, as a gift to David, I did a photoshoot with a great photographer, Maggie Renstrom at Renstrom Design. She was fantastic and was great with Emily. Emily is not the type to just stand there and smile for the camera, which worked since I wanted more candid photos than posed. Maggie was was really understanding and took it in stride, especially since Emily had her snack container half the time. The final photos I got are great and David really liked them as well, which is the most important.

Sharing food

Thanks for working with us Maggie!

So that's my update. It doesn't seem too much when I type it out, but they were big events where there was to talk a lot about.

No comments:

Post a Comment