Monday, January 14, 2013

First Week in Colorado

     It's been one week full week since we have moved here. Weather aside, it has been really different than living in Florida but really great. So far, we are really loving it here.

     I now work remotely and it's been fantastic! There were some concerns, like, would I be as productive as I was when I worked in the office. Or if I would even get up at a reasonable hour to work since my boss wanted me to have a set schedule. Luckily, there has been no problems so far and I plan to keep it that way. We converted our den into an office so I have a place to work and keep focused. And since I take David to the station for work, it keeps me motivated to stay on schedule. Now when the weather gets better and he decides to bike to work, that may change (it'll be fine). Haru keeps me company most of the day and the window is right next to me so I don't feel too cooped up.

Haru keeping me company

          Our neighborhood is pretty quaint but not tired. If that makes any sense. The neighborhood we lived in in Florida was tired and old. The people weren't awful but the vibe is completely different.

     This past weekend has been extremely cold. But, from what I learned, it doesn't get this cold very often. And when I say cold, I mean single digit cold. It also snowed Friday and Saturday. Nothing blizzard-like but still. It will be a little more reasonable this coming week. 


SNOW!!!

     Friday, David and his co-worker and boss went to a bar after work and I was invited. I was really on the fence because it was really cold that day and it snowed, but I decided to go since I wanted to get out. It was actually still snowing when I was at the station to catch the light rail to where they were. His work people introduced us to a great bar called The 1Up. It's more of a dive bar but the awesome thing is that they have a bunch of old arcade games from Pac Man and Q-Bert to Street Fighter 2 and Area 51. And from what I understand all games cost a quarter. So awesome. Definitely worth going again.

     We didn't really do much this weekend as far as exploring goes. We were focused on getting clothes that were warm. Sure this was a freak cold snap but we still didn't have anything that would help us be prepared for the weather. On that note, I now have a few workout clothes that will help me deal with the cold better if we decide to workout outside. I had a shirt and a nice thin warm jacket but I had not workout pants that were long enough. They were all capris. That's all you need in Florida. Not so much here so getting a few things will hopefully help me out.

     Seeing how things go during the week, we may do some exploring next week. I hope so anyway. I have heard about a lot of things we can do so I hope to talk about them very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment