Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Baked Chicken Parmesan

Life has been pretty normal. Except for the swelling belly that is. Things seem to be progressing nicely so there's no complaining here. My sinuses have been bothering me a lot though. I had an infection a couple weeks ago that kept getting worse and my normal ways of handling this was not working. I eventually spoke with the midwife and she gave me some more tips on helping out my sinuses without taking antibiotics. It took about 2 weeks but, thankfully, it got better. HOWEVER, a symptom of pregnancy are swollen and stuffy sinuses so it's not like my sinuses will be getting back to normal any time soon. But I know I got better from a sinus infection. Thank God, because I really didn't want to take antibiotics. Going to a midwife has been a great decision. So back to food...




My good friend Nichole shared a recipe for a healthier chicken parmesan. I decided to make it for our dinner last week and it came out great!




You can find her recipe at Casa de Crews. I pretty much followed the recipe as is, just flavor to preferred taste. I just replaced pasta with egg noodles to decrease the amount of gluten intake for us. And I was pretty liberal with the mozzarella and pasta sauce. Then add a salad on the side for a great dinner. So if you love chicken parmesan but not the grease, this is a great recipe.



It's been great finding a recipe that we both like, can last a week and doesn't bother my taste buds. Thanks Nichole!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you liked! Sorry to hear about the sinuses :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love chicken parm! Definitely have to try it this way! I hope your sinuses stop acting up so much :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. The problem with the sinuses is that they are now stuffy and congested for the rest of the pregnancy. It's one of those symptoms you get while pregnant. So it's not like I can celebrate that I now feel better. LoL. The new norm is now stuff but not painful.

    ReplyDelete