Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Florida Wedding

I love weddings. It is a time of joy, friends and great memories. This past Saturday was the wedding of a good friend. And it was beautiful. Although everything was mostly indoors, the weather was perfect. The church was beautiful and the reception was decorated very nicely.


The happy, newlywed couple!



Unfortunately, David couldn't go because plane tickets were a tad expensive. So it was agreed that only I would go. It was also his birthday so I felt even more bad because I wouldn't be there to celebrate with him. Luckily, he is understanding and Joe was able to keep him company while I was gone.

It's true what they say, travelling during your second trimester is the best. I wasn't worried about being nauseous during the flight and I wasn't so huge that it was really uncomfortable to be in a cramped space. I definitely tried to get a seat on the aisle because I go to the bathroom so often and I was lucky enough to get the aisle going there. I wasn't so lucky on the trip back, though, but the man I sat next to was understanding.

I roomed with 3 friends to save on cost and they were awesome roomies. I'm glad I was able to stay with them for the weekend. And it was great that all our friends were staying in the same place so we didn't have to go very far to visit them. An extra bonus since I went to bed earlier than everyone else both nights.

One of my roomies!

 
Wonderful friends!

And something that made me go "tee-hee"
That's me!

I had a wonderful time. And I was glad to see all my friends at an occasion that was full of happiness and love. I was a little sad to go but I had a husband I missed and who needed me. Heh.

Congrats to the newlyweds!!!

And to end this happy post, an update on the bump!
17 weeks

3 comments:

  1. Glad to be your roomie, too! I had a great time and was SO glad to see you and baby bean!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Seriously, you guys need to come up and visit during the summer. I would say after the delivery but that's holiday times. LoL

      Delete